Fabula White is a blend of Malvasia and Vermentino grape varieties. After the harvest in September, following an accurate and rigorous selection of the finest grapes, the grapes are cold macerated and fermented at controlled low temperatures to extract the full aromatic potential. Due to the different characteristics of the vines the vinifications of the Malvasia and Vermentino are done separately, then around April, the wines are blended. The Malvasia provides with softness, body and roundness, while the Vermentino creates the extraordinary fragrance of the Fabula White, an elegant wine of great personality and pleasant taste.
Fabula Bianco DOC Maremma Toscana White Wine
Soil and vinification:
- Production area: Caldana (Grosseto).
- Soil composition: Sandy with areas rich in skeleton of marl nature.
- Vineyard altitude: 150 meters a.s.l.
- Type of cultivation: guyot Malvasia, Vermentino.
- Density per hectare: 5000 vines.
- Grape harvest: end of August for Malvasia, mid-September for Vermentino, hand-picked grapes, selection of the healthiest and most mature grapes.
- Vinification: the two varieties are vinified separately. fermentation is carried out in steel tanks at a controlled temperature. Afterwards the wine spends a period of refinement in the respective steel tanks and in the barriques on the noble lees, with frequent batonnages that give the wine softness and roundness, after which it is assembled and then bottled.
- Bottling: April.
- Refinement: at least one month in the bottle.
- Grapes: 50% Malvasia, 50% Vermentino.
- Organic: according to the specification for organic production.
- Color: straw yellow.
- Aroma: citrus flowers, with fruity, sweet and enveloping notes of ripe apricot, almond and honey.
- Flavor: soft, enveloping and floral on the palate combined with a balance between flavor and alcohol content. Body decidedly pronounced, round and soft.
- Food pairing: aperitifs, important first courses of both meat and fish.
- Service: 7-9° C to enhance freshness or 15 ° C to discover the body and thickness of the wine.
|Dimensions||7.5 × 7.5 × 30 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.