The Acantos combines the sweet and soft tannins of the Syrah vine with the intensity and aroma of the Sangiovese variety. The wine is aged for 24-36 months in oak barriques, then bottle-aged for an additional 6 months. From the fine alchemy of Syrah and Sangiovese, Acantos expresses strength, as well as softness, elegance and delicacy, making it a pleasant sophisticated wine appreciated by any palate. Extremely persistent with excellent aging potential.
Acantos IGT Tuscany Red Wine
20,00€ – 32,00€
Soil and vinification:
- Production area: Caldana (Grosseto).
- Soil composition: Sandy with areas rich in skeleton of marl nature.
- Vineyard altitude: 150 meters a.s.l.
- Type of cultivation: spurred cordon.
- Density per hectare: 5000 vines.
- Grape harvest: September / October, grapes harvested by hand in crates.
- Vinification: the Sangiovese and Syrah grapes are promptly pressed-destemmed and fermented
in steel at a controlled temperature for about 7 days. After this, the skins are macerated for a further 10-15 days, in order to extract the varietal aromas, sweet tannins and polysaccharides to the maximum.
Aging: in barriques and tonneaux for 24-36 months.
- Bottling: June – July.
- Refinement: in bottles for at least six months.
- Grapes: 60% Syrah, 40% Sangiovese.
- Organic: according to the specification for organic production.
- Color: intense, concentrated ruby red with black highlights.
- Aroma: strong aromas of raspberry, blackberry and plum jam with very sweet ripe wild berries and flowers.
- Flavor: a pleasurable softness and warmth from dense and rounded tannins.
- Taste: great body, long consistency with a pleasant note of jam, end of sweet cocoa donated by the wood.
- Food pairing: first, second and not too tasty cheeses.
- Service: 18° C in red glasses to allow oxygenation.
0.75 l, 1.5 l
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.